Discussion group assignments will be announced in late August. Incoming first-year students will be notified of their assigned small group discussion time via email.
Every incoming first-year student will participate in one small group discussion in September. Discussion groups will be led by current Michigan Engineering students. In addition to exploring topics in the book, small group discussions provide an opportunity for students to connect with each other and to learn about the Michigan Engineering experience first hand from a current student.
Questions to think about as you read:
- What aspects of the story surprise you?
- What character(s) in the story do you identify with most? Why?
- What issues in the book are significant to you as an engineer?
Changing Your Session
More information about changing your session will become available once the sessions have been posted.
The University of Michigan is a large place. Try finding your session room before your session is schedule to begin. Not sure where your building is on campus?
If you still cannot find your building, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
CRE All-Stars (For Facilitators Only)
In order to qualify for CRE All-Stars program, participants must:
- Attend the entirety of one training session
This is a requirement of the CRE facilitator program anyway!
- Do not cancel any facilitated session with less than one week notice. If you do cancel with less than one week notice, you must provide a qualified substitute on your own.
- Facilitate 2 sessions, and pick up additional facilitation shifts as they become available (originally sign up for two shifts, and once the office notifies facilitators, you can sign up for additional shifts, or substitute for facilitators who are no longer available to facilitate)
- Post a picture with your discussion group on social media using #UmichEnginRead (make sure it’s marked as public in your settings!)
- Complete the CRE All-Stars Request form here.
Thank you for being a CRE All-Star!