Connect with your fellow classmates!
Every incoming first-year student will participate in one small group discussion in September or October. Discussion groups will be led by current Michigan Engineering students. In addition to exploring topics in the book, small group discussions provide an opportunity for students to connect with each other and learn about the Michigan Engineering experience first-hand from a current student.
Questions to think about as you read:
- What aspects of the book surprised you?
- What do you make of Elizabeth Holmes’s obsession with the founder of Apple, Steve Jobs? Why was it so important for Holmes to be just like jobs to the point where she imitated his way of dressing and business practices?
- In what ways are the author’s perspectives and experiences similar to yours? In what ways are they different?
- What issues in the book are significant to you as an engineer?
Changing Your Session– TO BE UPDATED SOON!
If you have an academic conflict and can no longer attend your assigned discussion session, you may swap sessions by following the directions below:
- Using the email you received from Sesssions@Michigan, select the “Drop” link for the session you wish to remove.
- Visit https://myumi.ch/EkQ6g and register for a session that works with your academic schedule.
If you have any additional questions, please email us at email@example.com.
The University of Michigan is a large place. Try finding your session room before your session is scheduled to begin. Not sure where your building is on campus?
Visit our interactive campus map to find your building location!
If you still cannot find your building, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.